Friday, September 20, 2013

A Worthy Blog

After whining about a sadly large number of bloggers who've been slacking off lately, I want to shift gears and applaud someone who is doing good work in the blogosphere.

Bethany blogs at The Glamorous Housewife.  She recently put up a lengthy series of posts on the fashions and culture of earlier time periods: the Twenties, Thirties and Forties.  Her posts both inform and entertain with historical references, pretty pictures and commentary on interesting trends, such as the emergence and different styles of makeup.

If you like learning, browse through Bethany's blog.  If you're like me, you'll get hooked.  I love learning about how women lived in earlier times.  It provides context and insight into our present lives.


11 comments:

  1. It is a truly inspiring blog, and yes, I agree it's very easy to get hooked! x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know her. Visiting her blog, right now ;-)

    xx
    nAiLeé
    www.naileechic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh awesome! I will have to check her out. I love blogs with a little niche.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Beth's blog, I follow it religiously, she's great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout-out! *kisses*

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll need to check her out! That sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've really enjoyed that decades series too! Especially the 20s!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE her blog--I adore anything aBOUT VINTAGE CLOTHES, MAKEUP AND SUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my! I had not seen her blog before, but it is scrumptious...full of all my favorite kinds of retro goodness!

    ReplyDelete